Solve, manage and prevent cash flow problems
When most people think about business success, they think about business profit. While profit is an important metric, it’s not always a true indicator of a business’ health. In fact, every year, hundreds of small businesses fail despite turning a profit. The reason? Cash flow problems.
Cash flow, not profit, is the real barometer of how your business is tracking. If any of the following statements ring true, it’s time to take a closer look at your cash flow.
- You struggle to pay rent and bills on time
- You can’t keep up with ATO payments
- Your business is making a profit, but you’re not sure where the money goes
- You can’t find enough cash to pay yourself a regular wage
- You’re not sure if you can afford to hire new staff
- You don’t understand financial reports or even know if your figures are correct
- You don’t know how long you can sustain your expenses before you run out of cash
If you’re experiencing cash flow problems, you are not alone. Running low on cash is a common scenario among small business owners. Luckily, The Number Ninjas Bookkeeping is here to help.
Cash flow solutions for small business
If your cash flow isn’t steady, it can be tempting to turn a blind eye and hope for the best. However, in more than 13 years of working with small businesses, we know that cash flow problems don’t solve themselves. You need to know your numbers.
At The Number Ninjas Bookkeeping, we give your numbers meaning – and make tackling cash flow problems much simpler. No matter what shape your books are in, we help you get a clearer overall view of your business financials. We look closely at your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to identify the source of the problems, then develop a strategy to solve them.
Think of your KPIs as a compass. They measure where your business is, relative to where it has come from and where it is going. Your KPIs will be unique, just like the strategy we create. Once we’re clear on your KPIs, cash flow problems will be a thing of the past – and, together, we can predict the future.
Cash flow forecasting
No matter how great your business model is, or how much profit you’re making, your business won’t survive long-term if you can’t manage cash flow. Cash flow forecasting is essential for seeing patterns, overcoming operational issues and solving small problems before they become big ones. It’s the key to preventing a cash flow crisis and keeping your business in the black.
As cash flow forecasting specialists, we help you combat current issues and plan strategically for what’s ahead. By creating a 12-month cash flow forecast, together with KPIs and tactics, we empower you to:
- Look at your business processes and learn where money is leaking
- Identify small problems before they become big ones
- Understand the relationship between revenue and profit margin
- Develop a deep understanding of the costs associated with running your business
- Ensure your employees are working efficiently and productively
- Smooth out bumpy, unpredictable cash flow
- Prepare for, and be open to, business growth opportunities
- Make proactive, well-informed business decisions
- Plan different speculative scenarios from your data and imagination
Our ‘Know Your Numbers’ service package provides a mix of historical analysis and future-focused data to keep your cash flowing smoothly – and help you hit your short-term goals. We use state-of-the-art business analysis tools, so you can trust that our data is timely, accurate and 100% reliable.